From:
Lori Christian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Nov 2000 07:50:39 -0600
Last year we very nearly lost Wilbur to a distemper vaccine.  See issue
2649 for details.  It was horrible.

After careful consideration of myriad viewpoints and possibilities and
a long consultation with vet, we decided to vaccinate again this year.
Canine distemper is just too big a risk here.

Wilbur had exactly NO adverse reaction.  None.

Vet pretreated with injected antihistamine this time.  Also, gave
injections near bum rather than in scruff.

What I'm wondering is if ferrets who haven't had three shots as kits are
more prone to reactions.  Wilbur came to us at about a year old so I don't
know his early vaccination history.

-Lori