From:
"Michael P. Lepore" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Nov 1997 18:39:44 -0500
Last time I checked the labels on Eukanuba Chicken and Rice (that was today,
but I don't know if a new version has come into the stores), they used
ethoxaquin to preserve their food.  Ethoxaquin causes cancer (adrenal and
otherwise) in dogs (this is scientifically proven), and many people have
feelings that it does in Ferrets as well (I don't know if there have been
any studies done yet..).  Totally Ferret does not use ethoxaquin, and
therefore is better for the Ferrets, if you buy into the ethoxaquin business
(in fact Iams Kitten Food also uses ethoxaquin which is why many ferrets on
kitten food may come down with cancer).

I hope this helps.  For me, even the chance of giving my fuzzies cancer is
enough to pay the (much) higher prices for the totally ferret food.

        -Mike Lepore