From:
Date:
Fri, 26 Feb 1999 12:44:17 -0800
>From:    Modern Ferret <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Modern Ferret is Best Special Interest Publisher

Huge congratulations!!!

Went to the site you mentioned and read...

>Honorees representing the winning publications will be recognized at a
>reception on March 16, in New York City, hosted by min magazine and
>Phillips Business Information, Inc.  and sponsored by International Paper
>and The Brown Printing Co.

So you got black tie and evening gowns for the ferrets?  <grin>

So I guess the other magazines have to pick who gets to go.  No such
problem for you two...

>From:    cathy meade <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: english v american ferrets
>I am thinking of getting my first ferrets, and have heard that the American
>domestic ferret is tamer and friendlier than its British cousins, who were
>originally bred for hunting.

There is a difference but with the quarantine no one brings in American
ferrets to the UK.  But with careful selection of breeder the difference
isn't too important.  Most American ferrets came from England at some time
in their past.  Until the last few decades they too were working animals.

American ferrets are in general less energetic than English.
American ferrets are in general a bit more predictable.

Some prefer one while some prefer the other.  Over here we recommend
American ferrets as first ferrets.  Over there you'll have to get what you
can find.

But all that is only from our experiences...

>From:    Ron Carter <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: breeding information
>With that being said, What are you talking about??????

The owner with the pregnant jill was feeding her ferrets cooked 'roo
(kangaroo) - that's a marsupial.  The only marsupial in the US is the
Virginia Opossum.

As humor my attempt was pretty lame...

-bill

--