From:
Judith White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 May 1997 09:59:52 -0000
Sandee Mozzone, who runs the Upper Darby ferret shelter, called me today for
a friend of hers who fosters ferrets.  The friend is an older woman with MS
who has around 20 ferrets, if I remember correctly.  Her MS is growing
worse, so she would like to find homes for a single and a pair who are not
integrated into her play groups.  They are good pets, but she cannot give
them enough attention.  The ferrets are:

Small single chocolate female.  A stray 2 mos ago from Morris Animal Refuge
who had an infected hole in her back.  She has healed, though the fur may
not grow in until the next coat change.  Age hard to determine, because back
molars look young, but canine teeth look worn.  She may be a young ferret
who regularly chewed on something hard.  She adores people, but is terrified
of other ferrets.  I had one like this who now sleeps with two girlfriends.
She still prefers people, but she is not aggressive.

Cagney & Lacey, female pair, 2 or 3 yo.  Need to be let out alone together.
Like people but hate other ferrets.  May be okay with males (Sandee is
asking friend to clarify this).  Were abandoned at vets because one cannot
use hind legs except outdoors where she can get a grip in the dirt.  She is
mobile and happy; she just drags her legs.

Sandee just acquired a 1 yo male whose owner let him escape over and over,
and who was unwilling to pay the vet bill for the cold the little guy caught
the last time he was lost and sent to Sandee.  He is still at the busy busy
busy stage, so he's not lovey yet, but he is very nice and playful.

If you are interested, please call Sandee at 610-352-4852.  A donation to
the shelter would be appreciated.