From:
Rhoni Lake <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Aug 2001 10:06:34 -0700
First off thanks to all of you who gave me such wonderful advice on
introducing a male ferret to a female ferret household.  Much of the
advice you sent me came in handy, despite the fact that the vet I picked
my rescue up from was an IDIOT.

My new rescue is female.  One trip to the litter box told me that much.
::sheesh:: I ended up taking her to my own vet to get a second opinion on
general health and such.  If the other vet couldn't tell sex I wasn't
trusting his word on much else.

Lwka (her new name, the Welsh word for Luck) is a panda and deaf.  Her
deafness doesn't phase me, although I haven't had a deaf ferret before I
did have a deaf dog.

Lwka is undernourished, frighteningly thin in fact.  I'm adding papya
powder to her food to help make it digestable.  She started eating right
away when she got in her cage, and all she does is eat, drink sleep and
poop.  Her stool looks good.  Not runny or off color.

Now, on to my second question for you wonderful experts.

She has three times eaten until she got sick and threw up.  Now she has
eaten many more times then those three.  She's so thin I fear she hasn't
had food available all the time and is reacting by eating all she can
while she has it for fear of hunger again.

I don't want to take her constant supply of food away, I want her to see
it's always there for her to have if she wants it, but my father says I
should limit her intake if she is making herself sick.

You have always given me excellent advice in the past, fellow ferret
lovers.  What do you think I should do?

Rhoni