From:
Dee McNally <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Apr 1996 08:18:32 -0500
Hi all,

Just a little update.  I don't have much time here, so I will make it brief.

We let Alexander and Roxana play together Friday night.  After both of them
backing away from each other, backs arched, and going to opposite sides of
the room, Alexander finally took the initiative and began inspecting Roxana.
He then grabbed at the neck and began shaking her.  We gave them a couple of
seconds at this (about 30) and finally, when he gave no sign of letting go,
we parted them.  She didn't scream, though she did give that noise she gives
when she wants to come out of her cage.  They haven't had a chance to
interact together since then, because he had to go Saturday to the vet to
get his shot, and he was still pretty ticked off at us for making him go.
(Just wait till he has to go get his rabies shot .  .  .) Also, we have been
reluctant to let him grab her again, since she is only about 7 weeks old and
so small, we are concerned about her REALLY getting hurt.  So, while we will
let them inspect each other and interact, I don't know that we will allow
rough housing like that until she is a little bigger (probably another 2
weeks or so).

Also, I got this really cool idea.  You know how ferrets like to attack
feet.  Well, I got these slippers that are kinda thick that I put on so that
Alexander will have the fun of attacking, and I won't get hurt.  Well, I
thought maybe about making some fuzzy slippers like that, in the shape of
ferrets (you know how they have them in the shape of puppies, etc.).

If anyone thinks this is a good idea, let me know.  My mom sews a lot of
stuff and goes to craft shows.  I am always trying to come up with new ideas
for her to work on, so maybe this is something she could help me (I could
help her, more like it!!!  I can't sew!) with.  I will talk with her about
it, and investigate cost of materials, but in the meantime, I would like to
know that IF we can do this, anyone would be interested in purchasing a
pair.

Let me know.  (Either way, I will probably try to make a pair for myself!!)
Dee