From:
Jaymi Murphy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Dec 1999 20:44:12 EST
Sorry this intro is a bit late, but with school and work I've been *really*
behind on my FMLs....

*Stands up*  Hi.  I'm Jaymi ("Hi, Jaymi!") and I'm 21, live in Poughkeepsie,
NY, work and go to school full-time.  I'm originally from Minneapolis, but
moved out here after highschool.  I live with my SO (Spencer), 9 ferts, a
rabbit, a chinchilla, some hamsters, fish, a uromastyx, a leopard gecko,
and a bearded dragon.  Whew!

As for the buttheads, I've been owned by them since 1996.  My mother (back
in MN) now owns 8, and as I said, I have 9.  We can't wait until they all
get to meet, and we get to see what 17 ferrets running around at the same
time looks like.  :) I've been off and on the FML for the past 2 years or
so.

*Leroy-2.5yo cinnamon male.  Was Cujo when we first got him, but is a
 wonderfully laid back boy now.
*Petra-2.5yo sable female.  The Princess.  About the size of a small rat :)
*Samson-around 4.  Adopted from a shelter.  The Old Man of the bunch, and
 always looks like he is in need of a bath.
*Calvin-2yo DEW male, deaf.  He's the one who is called the "bad words".
 Gets into anything and everything, and can't hear you tell him not to.
*Heidegger-2yo black sable male.  Has turned into a wonderfully calm
 ferret, like Leroy.  Our "beautiful" ferret-he is gorgeous!
*Joe-1yo butterscotch male.  He's on speed, we think.  Never slows down.
 We "rescued" him from a pet store that he had been in for months, with no
 one interested in buying him.  "Bulldog" face, which makes him look funny:)

*Phil-1yo sable mutt male.  The fattest ferret I've ever seen!  Also
 "rescued" from a pet store where he was going to be sent back because no
  one wanted him.  He's looking like he is going to be like Leroy and
  Heidegger in terms of calming down.
*Madigan-1yo blaze female, deaf.  We took her in after a woman's stepson
 moved and left her behind.  Took awhile to get her acclimated-she had
 never been around other ferrets before.  A joy to watch-always on the go.
*Floyd-??yo sable male.  Found in someone's garage after Hurricane Floyd
 hit (hence the name).  He was never claimed, and has been with us since he
 was found.  Very calm, a constant dooker, but lives and plays by himself,
 since he is afraid of other ferrets (bits them, and then hides his head in
 fear).

Secondly, can paper towels be digested by ferrets?  I caught Floyd eating
some last night, gave him some Laxatone then and tonight, but am still very
worried.  He didn't eat a whole roll, but I was quite astonished to see the
look of sheer bliss on his face while he was munching on them.

I will be on my winter break soon, and was wondering if any shelter in my
area could use some extra help during the next month.  I'm in Dutchess
County, NY, near Rockland, Westchester, Putnam, and close to Danbury, CT.
If I could be of any help, please email me with details.

Take care, and Happy Holidays!!!

Jaymi and the 9 Chubby Slinkies O' Terror!