Date:
Sun, 21 Nov 2004 09:18:45 EST
This past summer, I was part of a study with Oxbow for a new critical
care diet for carnivores - we fed ferrets this diet only for 5 days,
weighing them each day and reporting the results back to Oxbow - what
we found is that the diet is much more palatable than the traditional
critical diet (AD and baby food) and that the ferrets actually gained
weight on the diet.

The final product has now been released for sale through your vet - it is
in a powder form (so no waste!) and just something I have wanted to have
in my 'toolbox' for many years!

The name of the product is Carnivore Care - developed especially for the
critical needs of a convalescing carnivore!  The nicest thing about this
diet is that most ferrets will eat the food readily - which may mean the
ferret does not have to be force fed!

The analysis of the product is 48% protein, 33% fat, 5% fiber - here is a
link to the product:

http://oxbowhay.com/link.sp?page=carnivorecare

Lisa Leidig, Head Ferret
Shelter Wench in good standing