From:
Karen Vance <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Sep 1995 23:10:15 -0400
Ihat color is my ferret?" is the most frustrating game I've ever played -
even beats "Eric's Solitaire Sampler".  Silver is now, in her second year,
changing from white back to silver.  She has been solid white for a year -
now the black guard hairs are coming back in.  Karat is turning back into a
silver mitt-she was a butterscotch for over a year.  She's in her fourth
year now.  Latte seems the same-he's the baby-now almost identical with
Karat.  Katoe and Bandit, the two sables, are becoming Siamese - very
different from the dark chocolates I see in the pet stores.  Winnipeg, bless
his misanthropic heart, is still a hodgepodge of colors, as any good
Waardenburg's ferret should be, at 4 lbs the largest, given to unexpected
hard biting right when you think he's over it (that biting stage) and, I'm
sad to say, as time goes on, I have come to the realization that he is,
indeed, stone deaf.  You can't say "bad ferret" because he can't hear.  I
told my daughter he didn't mean to bite an ugly bruise on her leg when he
crawled up her jeans-so she said,"Then why didn't he bite the cloth instead
of the skin?" I had no retort-and put the ferret away for the day.
'Bye Karen

           P.S.Hope Kelleen gets a computer soon-I miss her!