Date:
Wed, 2 Feb 2005 11:06:24 -0700
BlankSandee, Sara, or Muldoone,

I know you are all extremely busy, but would one of you please help our
Casper find his family up at the Bridge?  He lost his cage mate, Boo Boo
last July.  We brought both them and their sister, Freda into our home
last Jan.  Casper was 7-8 years old last year, so this year he's was at
least 8, possibly 9.

He had developed a lot of health problems, adrenal, insulinoma and we
suspected lymphosarcoma.  He began going downhill but hung in there the
last 3-4 months with meds and etc.  But last night our big ole' loveable
albino was definitely in pain.  I called the vet this a.m. and she took
him in immediately and helped him end his suffering.

Casper was a loveable big ole guy.  He'd cuddle with me and we'd sleep
together on the chair.  He was the only one I had left who would do that.
Last night we slept and watched tv together for an hour before he told
me it was time to go to bed.  Then during the night he cried in pain.
I tried to help him but all I could do was hold and cuddle him and talk
to him.  This a.m. he told me he didn't want to eat........that was a
definite sign for me.  I knew today was the day he chose to leave and he
asked me to help him.  So we did.  Rich and I took him out to Dr. Mary.
She was so caring about Casper and helped ease his pain.

Casper, I am gonna miss you so very much, you were a big, loveable, kissy
guy.  I never figured after living with one family for 7-8 years and then
being "thrown out" so to speak, that you would live past a month.  I
figured he would only last a month and get depressed and die.  But.....he
liked our house and his new ferret family.  So he stuck around a little
over a year.  And we loved him for it!

Casper, be well and happy now, go find Boo Boo and all the other members
of our "zoo".  Been a lot of them.  They will help show you around.

Thank you Sandee, Sara, and Muldoone.

mjo & the zoo: Sassy Too, Rocky, Bear, Scooch, Freda, Gweedo, Cisco,
Sadie and the dog Darwin.  R.I.P.  Nipper, Lightning, EZ, Cleo, Phantom,
Lady, Frito, Pepper, Caesar, Bilbo, Frodo, Topanga, Ragine, Tasha,
Sabrina, Sassy Britches, Frosty Pants, Phantom II, Boo Boo, Casper, and
the dogs Garth and Duke