From:
Sheri Murphy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Jul 1997 08:09:59 -0500
Hi all--

A lot of us are in a "rainy season" now, and I saw something yesterday that
deserved a note of caution to the group.

You know the vinyl sleeve that many umbrellas come packaged in?  The
resusable one?  Well, please throw these away if you have them.  I watched
Mort get his head stuck in one yesterday, just as can happen with empty
toilet paper rolls.  I rescued him immediately, of course, and threw the
darn thing away.  I don't even know how it ended up on the floor, since I'd
considered the possibility of the ferrets getting their heads stuck when I
took the unbrella out of the thing, and put it in a safe place.

No place is safe for such dangers--it's better to go without and toss them.

On a lighter note--Dawn G. rescued two ferrets from some silly college girls
who were afraid of them, and I get to go pick them up on Monday.  The come
with what sounds like a primo cage, so I had to rope my dad (not exactly a
ferret lover) into agreeing to drive me to Minneapolis to pick them up,
since I'll need his truck.

We're pretty excited around here, doubling our number in one fell swoop.
Well, me and the dog and the ferrets are excited.  Dave is a bit skeptical--
he's told me over and over that our house has reached animal capacity with 2
ferrets ... but how can I resist?  I told him it doesn't count since the new
babes bring their own housing!  Dawn says they're very sweet and totally
crave attention since they haven't had proper care for at least several
weeks.

The male is a marked DEW, and huge, and the female a "pastel" sable, (if you
know what I mean by that) and scraggly and scrawny.  Let's hope it's stress
and not illness.  Dawn told me "hurry, hurry, before we get completely
attached!"

I'll be there as quick as I can arrange it!

Have a happy 4th, everyone, drive safely and play safely, expecially with
fireworks.

--Sheri