From:
"Selina, Birch, Dief, Sprite, Storm, Sand & Bear" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Jan 2002 22:11:38 -0500
hi all,

I have a couple of videos that I'll like to share with my fellow ferret
enthusiasts at the symposium.  the first is 3 short videos, about 15
minutes in total, and 2 of those are availabe for download from my
website, at a lower resolution.  the third one is not as good, it is made
by my brother, who lives in california and doesn't have ferrets.  2 of
the short videos are cut to music, the 3rd is a 10 minute action packed
clip of stuff my ferrets do, from digging water out of their waterbowl to
swimming and boating (in their very own boat!) on the lake.

the second is a video and video docs of the results of my art work in an
independent study course I took last term.  my work combined traditional
painting with computer animation, and the subject matter is ferrets, of
course!  this video is also about 15 minutes long, and covered with
animated ferrets.  I have not had the chance to show it to any ferret
lovers (besides my roommate) and would love to share it.  I think you
guys would like it more than anybody I have shown it to so far!

I have already emailed the symposium committee, who regretfully says they
will not be able to rent any video equipment.  I was wondering if there
are any people from Las Vegas who are going who might have one of those
small tvs with a vcr attached that wouldn't mind bringing it in, and maybe
I could show it at the end of a day, or some other alternatives, I'm open
to suggestions.  I can also show a little bit on a computer if any of the
speakers planned are doing a computer presentation, unfortunately the
animation and documentation takes up more than a few gigs (can you believe
I have 120 GB and over half of it is taken up with this stuff!?!), so I
will only be able to show a little bit of that.

I had enjoyed showing some of my paintings at Ferrets 2000, and was really
hoping to show some of my artwork at 2002 as well, so if people are
interested and have some idea of where I can show this, let me know.  I'll
be in Las Vegas at the conference hotel from wed 30th and leaves sunday
night.  feel free to look me up at the hotel, under Selina Siu.

if I'm unable to show my video art at the symposium, or you are unable
to attend, and you happen to live in Kitchener- Waterloo, Ontario and
surrounding area, there is a better alternative, you can come to my art
show!  I submitted a proposal for the use of the front gallery at the
university of Waterloo's fine art department, and found out today it was
approved, and I have the last week of March.  granted, it probably wasn't
too hard to get the gallery space from my own school, but it is my first
solo art show, so I'm really excited!!!  and for those of you who have
bought my artwork, I may becaome a proper artist yet!  the show is on
during the annual show of 4th year work in the back gallery, so art
lovers can go see some great non-ferret artwork as well!

I'll be making invitations later in Feb, so if you are interested and want
an invite, send me an email with your snail mail address and I'll mail you
one later.  I'm planning to make a webpage for my artwork, as I did with
all my paintings, but I probably won't put it up till the show started, so
as not to spoil any surprises.

have a warm and fuzzy day!

// Selina, Birch, Dief, Sprite, Storm, Sand & Bear
// http://www.cgl.uwaterloo.ca/~ssiu