From:
Dona Reid <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Nov 1996 15:25:10 -0500
Dear Fuzzy-Lovers,

I have been reading with interest and dismay of the overcrowded conditions
in some of the ferrert shelters.  I have just spoken with the director of
our local Humane Society (She is a fert-lover).  She told me that Bozeman,
Montana would welcome your poor orphans in our Humane Society!  (It is a
"no-kill" animal shelter)We just don't get many ferrets in our part of the
world.  The BIG problem, is transporting them to Montana.  Obviously sick
ferts may not survive the stress of getting them here.  I think that the
timing may be right since the holidays are just around the corner.  Maybe we
could set up a "Ferret-Express "for those driving out to the west in the
near future.  Any other transportation ideas are welcome.

I think it is a shame that backyard breeders keep churning out ferrets when
so many are homeless!  Look at all the unwanted cats and dogs and you can
see what the future may bring for ferrets.  I'm all for spaying and
nuetering to keep the population down .  (That flame just had to come
out!)Anyhow if you are a shelter and are interested in this offer, please
E-Mail me at [log in to unmask] .and we can start working on it.

Love & Dooks
Dona Reid
Suzi-Q  "Hey, mom, does this mean I can have more friends to play with?"
Mickey "Yeah, I"m tired of playing giddy-up  with the cats."