From:
Julie Guardino <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Nov 1998 11:47:11 -0600
I am so sorry about the loss of Lucy.  But don't beat yourself over the
head over this.  You can't possibly be with them 24 hours a day.  I know
you must feel horrible, I would too, but you need to know that you gave
her a great life and lots of love and it seemed she died peacefully in her
sleep.  Words don't comfort much when you lose one of these sweet little
guys.  But there are so many of us who have lost little ones and I have
taken great comfort in my remaining ferrets as well as the kind words of so
many people on the fml.  We'll be thinking good thoughts about Ghost and
hope she recovers quickly.  I hate that ece too.  My Mickey has never been
the same since he contracted over 7 months ago.  Keep up the support care,
and see if she will drink out of a bowl for you.  I mix water with
pedilyte, the unflavored kind still is kind of sweet and they like it,
about 50% each of water and pedilyte.  It gets my sickly ones to drink a
little more.  They seem to like to drink out of the bowl.  But keep an eye
on the bowl, after mine take a drink they sometimes tip the bowl over!
Keep up the duck soup too.  Have you tried the pepsid AC suspension for the
ulcers?  It seems to make a huge difference in how they do.  Hang in there,
my wonderful four sweeties and I will be praying for you and for Ghost.

Julie