From:
Faith Pollifrone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Jun 2001 08:33:26 EDT
My ferrets don't like any type of water except the water and ice cubes in
the mutual water bowl!  I've tried TWICE to pu a little bit of water into
the tub for them to play in and they HATE it! :-(  The closest thing I have
come to playing in a tub of water was the sink with plastic Easter eggs
in it but Cyrano always ends that by stealing the drain plug so it's short
lived.  Yesterday I tried again after hearing the joys of ferrets and
water...again...a NO go.  Cyrano flipped out and jumped up repeatedly to
get out...and when I didn't let him...gave a sigh and plunked.  Merlin...
never tried him before...jumped around repeatedly trying to get out.
Finally after noticing both ferriemen were QUITE disgusted with me I said
the heck with it and took them out.  Which was the BEST part.  They
snorkeled all over everything trying to get dry. :-)  I LOVE watching that
part.

Why is it my guys HATE water???  They LOVE dirt...maybe they just like
being dirty little guys...who knows.  Give them a dirt bin and they go to
town....give them water and they give you the VERY disgusted sigh.  You've
never heard a ferrieman soooo ticked off until you've heard that sigh.

I wish they liked water better so they could cool off when it gets hot.
Are there any better ways that they can cool off???  Wonder how they'd
react to squirt guns or mist bottles???  Not so much water but would cool
them off.

Faith