From:
Risa Di Vincenzo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Jan 2002 00:01:35 -0500
Yesterday there was a question on tips and methods for brushing ferrets
teeth.  Please post answers to the fml too!  I know I need to start doing
it for my ferrets and it would really help to have input from those who
know how.

Last week my ferret (while hanging around the christmas tree) started a
severe sneezing fit.  She had multiple repetitive sneezing fits for about
20 minutes (she would sneeze constantly for 5-10 seconds stop, then do it
again 1-2 minutes later).  These were hard constant sneezes, I had to hold
her so her head didn't wack the floor.  The vet said to keep an eye on her
but unless she was lethargic or vomiting not to bring her in.  Since then
she has less severe sneezing fits a couple times a day.  The tree has been
gone for a few days and the sneezing is lessening, but I would like to
know what may have caused it and what to do in the future.  Has anyone had
such an experience?

Thanks for any help!
Risa