Date:
Sun, 26 Jun 2005 14:56:41 -0700
I read the story about Rosie, and felt so bad for what happened.  It
pulled at my heartstrings, and I felt bad for Karen, but I dont always
comment on such posts.  Well, I've read enough.  Some of you have put in
your cheap 2 cents, and now I feel Karen should hear from the 'other
side'.  First off, Karen, I am so sorry for your loss.  You did such an
incredibly, wonderful, selfless act of kindness for this little ferret.

How many of us wouldve done the same?  Taken in and adopted a ferret,
known to be severly adrenal, and needing surgery that will, right off the
bat, cost us AT LEAST hundreds of dollars??  The ones who made the cruel
posts... would you have taken that ferret in?  Or would you have gone for
the healthier appearing ones?  Ones that aren't going to cost you $500
right from the start?  The kind and selfless people who take in the sick
ferrets, and give them all they've got, should be commended.  You think
she kept this ferret to be cruel??  She had to have put in at least a
couple of hundred dollars, and given this poor ferret the chance at life,
that Rosie deserved.  She gave her that chance.  The previous owners did
not.  And what did they say about it?  They said "You should see our
other ferret" (or words close to that), indicating what??  Hmmm, that
the other ferret is in great tremendous health and well cared for?  I
think not.

I commend Karen for asking those 2 questions, and when she didnt even get
somewhat of a decent response, I commend her for NOT returning Rosie to
a sure death.  She did everything that she could to give Rosie a happy
home and the chance she needed.  How cruel of people to attack that.
HOW could she send Rosie back?  Knowing she wouldnt get the surgery she
desperately needed?  And knowing she was being sent back to a hot,
lonely, neglected garage??  How could anyone do that, especially the
ones who claim they love ferrets??

Karen wrote:
>I feel absolutely nothing for her former owners, the only thing I feel
>is heartbroken over Rosie having been neglected for so long and in the
>process eliminating any chance she had at someone helping her.  I don t
>regret the money we spent on her, on a surgery that didn't help, what I
>regret is her little life being wasted.

Please know that Rosie's life was not wasted.  She got to know human
love and companionship.  I believe Rosie will remind us that there are
completely selfless people out there, who will take in a sick little
animal, and do everything they can for them.  Maybe the next time someone
is out looking to adopt a ferret, they will think of Rosie, and won't
bypass the sick little ones so quickly and give it a second thought.  I
know I will.

Andrea