From:
FerretGirl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Nov 2000 15:58:31 -0800
Hi all,

I received an e-mail from [log in to unmask] regarding their pet ferret.  I
don't think they belong to this list.  I hope someone here can help them.

PLEASE e-mail DIRECTLY:

This ferret has not been eating, or drinking.  It has been lethargic and
too weak to go to the litter box on it's own for the past 2 weeks.

X-rays have been done.  No intestinal block was found.  No other symptoms
were reported.

They have been to 2 different vets.  The vets have tried Amoxycillin and
Flagella (sp?) and Fluids SQ.  The vets have no idea what could be wrong.

Any suggestions for these ferret folks?  I don't know any more, so
please...

E-mail directly to:

I suggested going to yet another vet, and in the meantime trying to
stimulate the ferret's appetite with Science Diet A/D or various Duck Soup
recipes.  Also suggested Pedialyte for fluids, ferretvite liquid...I also
pointed them towards the Ferret Central Medical FQA to try and pinpoint
more symptoms.

Thanks,

FG