From:
"Michelle Z. Matta" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Dec 1998 09:04:57 -0500
My 4 year old ferret Shadow is having serious problems.

We just moved this Saturday, and the ferrets have been kept in their cage
for most of the time.

Starting Tuesday, I noticed that when I let Shadow out for play time, she
would just run to each corner to try and go to the bathroom, but nothing
would come out.  She would do this constantly, just running to each corner.
Never pee, but every once in a while, she'd have a small amount of diareah.

We went to the vet for what I though was a bladder infection and she took
xrays because she felt some s ort of mass in her tummy.  She tapped into
her bladder and didn't get much urine out, so she ruled out the bladder
infection.  She feels that she is not trying to pee, but she's trying to
poop and is straining to do so.  She's pushing so hard that her vulva is
bloody and swollen.  So she feels that something is blocking her
intestines, but not a blockage that she ate, or a hairball.  She tapped
into the mass and got blood.  So she feels that its bladder stones, or a
tumor.  She wants to do surgery, but I'd like to take her to our other vet
who is more ferret knowledgable.  I have a call into him today.  It just
happened over night.  No symptoms.  I don't think she's in pain, she's
definately uncomfortable though so I want todo something quick.

Any thoughts or suggestions??

- Mish

____MICHELLE Z. MATTA____
Desktop Support Consultant