From:
LARRY MCFARLANE <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Apr 2006 14:00:46 -0700
Does the teacher have an email?  If so, perhaps people from the FML
could write him, in polite tones folks, and explain that this ferret is
suffering from depression and being ill fed by some students.  This
ferret definitely needs to be in a loving home, not cooped up at school.
If you can get the ferret away from him, you could promise to bring the
little one in when he needed him for class.  You might also consider
going to the principal and explaining the case of this animal to him/her.

Since you wrote anonymously and I couldn't answer you personally, I'll
tell you that I've had several ferrets come to us in depression, so if
you want, I will definitely contact the teacher-I'd be more than happy
to do so.

A good ferret tip: Check the bedding constantly.  Anything that is worn
or has a tear in it, no matter how small, either patch it or throw it.
If there is a hole in a sheet you use, cut it up or throw it out.
Ferrets can get caught in a hole and strangle, they can get their nails
caught on work bedding and jerk them out.

Rebecca & the Crew of Merry Mayhem

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste
 good with ketchup"
"Support bacteria, it's the only culture some people have"