From:
Bill Pelfrey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 May 1997 15:18:34 EST
Hi, I've been a member of this list for about a month and will finally be
getting my first ferret, actually first 2 :y).  I will be adopting a pair of
two year old MF ferrets sometime soon.  I do have a couple of questions that
may sound a little off the wall, but that's what everyone's here for right!

1. I know ferrets travel well and like to travel, but I was wondering how do
most people travel with them?  Do you bring a full size cage?  or just
carriers like are used for airline travel, I was thinking of getting a large
dog carrier and using it as a travel cage for short weekend trips would this
be too small for two fuzzys?

2. I live and work on a college campus, and as most other campuses we are
overrun with squirrels.  I plan on taking Lex and Gidget (that's their
names) out for walks, but I wasn't sure what reaction they would have to the
squirrels, I don't think that the squirrels would hurt them directly, (I
think a ferret could handle themselves just fine if they had to) but I was
afraid that there could be diesease problems.  I just don't want the fuzzys
thinking "Oh a new playmate, and getting into a fight with them.  These
squirrels are VERY tame, and not that afraid of humans, so I'm sure we will
see some, but am I worrying needlessly?

Well, I'm sure I'll have more questions later, and I am sure you will all be
there to help me.

Thanks,
Bill, and soon to be Lex and Gidget
bill_pelfrey