From:
Robin Vieira <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Apr 2007 13:09:31 -0500
[Robin is forwarding this e-mail from the manufacturers of Iams and
Eukanuba.  Looks like it was copied in such a way that links didn't
get copied. BIG]

P&G Pet Care Update 3/30/2007

March 30, 2007
Dear Consumer:

As promised, we are continuing to keep you updated on the Menu Foods
recall.

We know the Menu Foods recall has caused concern, frustration and anger
among many pet lovers, including many of our own employees and their
families. We want you to know that we care deeply, and we continue to
take action on your behalf.

We want to comment on the new announcement today (Friday, March 30,
2007) by the U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA) that they have found
a substance called melamine in the wheat gluten of recalled products,
and not the aminopterin, as earlier suspected by the New York Foods
Laboratory.

We can reassure you:

First, there is no melamine or aminopterin in any of our Iams and
Eukanuba dry pet foods on store shelves.

In fact, Iams and Eukanuba dry pet foods to DO NOT contain wheat
gluten. Our dry dog and cat foods are made exclusively by P&G Pet
Care and not by Menu Foods.

Pet owners can feel safe and confident in feeding all Iams and Eukanuba
dry foods, as well as any wet foods that are not on the Menu Foods
recall list. Click here to see the specific list of recalled wet pouch
and canned products.

We want to review the key actions we've taken:

a.. We immediately worked with retailers to remove from store shelves
the small number of our wet pouch and canned products affected by the
Menu Foods recall.

b.. We immediately suspended production of all our foods manufactured
at the affected Menu Foods Emporia, Kansas plant.

c.. We have shared all of our data and continue to cooperate fully
with FDA, which is leading this important investigation.

d.. A task force of prominent North American veterinary health care
experts, convened by Iams to review the recall, recently agreed:
"Veterinarians and pet owners should feel safe recommending and feeding
Iams and Eukanuba dry foods."

We want to stress again that you can confidently feed all of your pets
any of our dry foods, as well as the wet foods not affected by the Menu
Foods recall. If you have any questions about the recalled products,
please click here to see the specific list of recalled wet pouch and
canned products.

P&G Pet Care is deeply committed to pet well-being and our top priority
is to help you care for your dog and cat family members. We will
continue to provide you with meaningful updates. If you have additional
questions, not answered on our Web site FAQs, please call us at
1-800-882-1591.

P&G Pet Care