From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Apr 2003 11:21:08 -0400
There is compilation on common parasites, treatments, preventatives, etc.
at: http://www.smartgroups.com/vault/ferrethealth/common_parasites.txt

Grinding can indicate nausea; has an ulcer been considered?  Past
posts on those in the FML and FHL Archives might be helpful:
http://listserv.cuny.edu/archives/ferret-search.html
http://fhl.sonic-weasel.org/
Has Carafate been tried?  It now comes in a liquid prep that is available
at any pharmacy by prescription.

The MIT study involved ferrets who came down with lympho YEARS after the
viral exposure.  The changed begun by a virus can take a long time to
cause a malignancy.  DO remember that most lympho cases are not of the
clumping kind, though such clumps do happen and are heartbreaking when
they do.  There is no reason to think that he poses a risk for your other
ferrets; any viral trigger should be long gone.  (I checked on this again
recently with the veterinary experts before we added ferrets because we
lost 5 to a lympho clump.  I was told that there would be no risk to the
new ones.)

>Switch: "Lily!  Chill out!  The Crandall can't hurt you, it's only a
>story!"

You haven't encountered me after a good helping of refries!  Not able
to hurt you?  Step back; I can give new meaning to "weapons of mass
destruction".  (Of course, ferrets LIKE that...)

Even now I am going out to fill a backpack with cans of baked beans and
hop a choo-choo to MA!  Not afraid of me?  HA!  Legum'lgetcha!