From:
caroline sargent <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Sep 2008 07:41:57 -0700
My name is Caroline Sargent Hale.

I am Alexandra's little sister and have been lurking silently for
several months. In these months I have been astounded by the amount
of cat-fighting and back-stabbing which has gone on on this forum; a
forum run by adults for adults.

It has to be said that my sister loves ferrets more deeply than you
will ever know. And sad to say some of you will never fully comprehend
the extent to which you have hurt her. The wound is deep, you have
placed it there, and I and our family have to deal with the pieces.

I do not aim these words at Alex's friends. They are good people. You
know who you are. I have met some of you.

I was there at the vets' offices with Ping and I know what went through
my sister's heart. It was grief and love. Fierce, protective love.

Have you ever loved somebody so much that you were willing to let them
go? So much that you were not willing to let your ego get in the way of
what was better for them?

Alexandra did!

And several people have punished her publicly for this. And they have
punished her because an old, sick dog behaved like an animal.

Oh, to be perfect. Super errogation.

Please remove my name from this list.

Thank you.
Caroline Sargent Hale