Date:
Thu, 23 Oct 2003 12:53:33 -0500
This is a weird question, but one that's been bugging me for a while.

If I take my ferrets in for their annual vaccines, and they have a
reaction, who pays for the care?  Am I responsible because it's my
ferret, or is the vet responsible because he/she gave the shot?

Also, when my Little Bit died last summer I took her into the vet to see
if he could help her.  (before she passed of course).  She died from
complications with the surgery he performed.  I was devastated and walked
out without paying for the added visit.  (I did pay for the surgery,
overnight stay which we didn't use and the aftercare and suture removal
which we also didn't use).  It never crossed my mind that payment might
be due.  He has not called to ask for payment.  But, care was given.
Med's were administered.  Is it usual, in those circumstances, to pay
more?  (no, I haven't called to see.  I guess I should though)

Thanks,
Shelley

PS, no flames please.