From:
Mary Conley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Oct 2002 16:48:14 EDT
[log in to unmask] writes:
>I know that if people weren't around then they likely don't know how
>very, very much was trial and error, or that what they take as known
>was experimental for some of us in the past.

Hello all ~

One of my ethical problems in using any herb on a pet is if it puts the
pet in the category of "guinea pig." I will not do that.  If the herb is
generally safe, and gentler or more benign and I used it on rabbits or
other animals at our farm here, then I may use it, but always diluted for
the little fuzzies.

Unfortunately Bob has challenged me to defend the science of herbs from a
phytopharmcognosy point of view.  This would take all 50 lectures in my
big Med-Herb course.  There is not enough space here to do that.  After
my last patient I will sit down, however, and try to give out some
one-liners with the appropriate references.  There is so much wonderful
information out on herbs it's very hard for me not to over-write but I'll
try.  (Sorry, no herb for wordiness).

Warmly ~
Mary
Herbalist