From:
Carol Owens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Jul 2005 00:49:28 -0700
A while ago someone asked if ferrets mark their territory.  Of course
they do!  And the best proof I have is the late neuter male that boards
with me.  Lately he's been jumping in the empty bathtub in the morning
and peeing down the drain.  But today he got on the table while I was
out.  Now, my table often has various piles of stuff on it, and I
happened to have a door hanger I bought at the symposium on one such
pile.  It has a photo of a ferret asking to be played with.  How cute.
Well, he chose that picture to urinate on.  Ferrets know more than we
think!!!

Carol Owens,
Tucson