From:
silver fert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Oct 2006 06:52:50 +0000
I have medication left that I don't want to waste and feel might benefit
another little fuzzy.  All but one came from Professional Arts and have
to be refridgerated, which means overnight shipping would be best.  I
always had them overnighted even though the pharmacy offered 2 and 3
day service for them.

I can't afford to pay for shipping but will send them to a vet's office
if anyone is interested.  I would pay the shipping if I could, but I
just can't right now.  And I think it best to send them to a vet's
office (with a note stating who they are for and that they are free)
since they are prescription drugs and have been custom mixed/compounded.

This is what I have:

(1) Name brand Pediapred (the only one not from Professional Arts).  A
120 ml bottle that is half full.  Expires: 04-07.  This was purchased
because she stopped wanting to take the one listed below so I decided
to try this brand/flavor.

(1) Bottle of Prednisolone.  1mg/ml.  Expires: 02/07.  Sugar-free.
Bubblegum flavor.  Bottle contains at least 115 mls.  120 mls were
dispensed.

(1) Bottle of Diazoxide.  50mg/ml.  Expires: 02/07.  Flavorless.
60mls dispensed.  Bottle is a little more than half full.

(1) Bottle of Benazepril.  1mg/ml.  Expires: 02/07.  Flavorless.
30mls dispensed.  Bottle is almost full.

(1) Bottle of Furosemide.  10mg/ml.  Expires: 12/06.  Flavorless.
60mls dispensed.  Bottle is slightly more than half full.

(1) Bottle of Furosemide.  10mg/ml.  Expires: 02/07.  Flavorless.
60 mls dispensed.  Almost full.  (Purchased because I thought something
was wrong with the one listed above since she was no longer responding.
Turns out she needed the injectable kind).

(1) Bottle of Spironolactone.  10mg/ml.  Expires: 02/07.  Flavorless.
40 mls dispensed.  Bottle is at least half full.

(1) Bottle of Digoxin.  0.125mg/ml.  Expires: 12/06.  Flavorless.
30 mls dispensed.  Bottle is less than half full.

All of these have adaptor caps that require the o-ring style syringes
(the doses are printed in light-blue).  I don't have any left that
haven't been used.  Each med had its own syringe that I rinsed after
each use.  The meds were mixed into her food and never given directly
with the syringe.  Again, all of these have been kept cold and have to
be, except for the Pediapred, which I also refridgerated since the bottle
says it can be.  Everything but the Pediapred has to be shaken before
each dose.  All of them are supposed to be sugar-free, but I cannot
guarantee this.  The last time I spoke with the owner he said they were
using Splenda.

If anyone is interested they can email me and we'll work out the details.
And the only 'fair" way I know to do this is to give the medication(s)
to the first person(s) requesting it/them.

Sonya
Broken-hearted and missing Girlie more than words could ever say