From:
Tracy Jose <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Jul 2000 09:28:14 -0500
Hello FML,

My six ferts are up for their vaccinations.  I have to go to a different
vet this year and was calling around to find out which vet uses what for
their distemper & rabies.  I came across a vet that said they use "Fort
Dodge Canine Distemper" on their ferrets and said they haven't had any
problems.  This doesn't sound right to me....I asked if they had Fervac D
and they acted like they didn't know what it was.

I'm going to take them to another vet I found in town that does use
FervacD and Imrab.  I thought these were the only approved vaccs.  for
ferrets.  Are they?  Please let me know because I would like to print out
any kind of legitimate information to pass on to this vet who is using
this other distemper shot.

My Chico had a severe reaction to his shot last year and I nearly lost him
( I was at the vet's office for 3 hours while they tried to save him).  I
am going to have the vet pre-medicate him this time.

Thank You!
Tracy Jose
Tango, Chico, Roo, Pepe', Spunky & Leah