From:
Susie Sherman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Jun 1997 18:08:33 +0100
>From:    Barbara Laugesen <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Law changes
>To this end, I need help.  I live in Florida, which is a kill and test state
>also.  We do have some representatives that represent districts south of
>where I live that are taking up this issue.  I want to bring the
>representatives in my district into this arena as well.  To do this, I need
>information (not emotions, please, I have enough for all of us), and facts

Barbara and other Floridians,
If you would like information on the ongoing battle to legislate a
quarantine period for ferrets in Florida, please contact the Chairman of the
Florida Coalition for Rational Rabies Policies, Marie Wallace at
[log in to unmask]  She and FL Rep.  Howard Futch are spearheading this
effort.

To learn more about the legislative process and find out who your local
public officials are, PLEASE check out the Florida Legislation Web Page at
http://www.leg.state.fl.us/.  We're going to need everyone's help on this!

In addition, I am maintaining an email list of interested parties.  Email me
if you'd like to be added to my distribution list.

While I am very sorry that it took Kodo giving his life to make everyone
aware of the lack of a quarantine period for their ferrets, I am glad that
people are now conscious of the status of ferrets in their own states.  My
sympathies are with Bob Jacobs and his family as they deal with the loss of
their pet.

Let's not let Kodo's death be in vain, let's get ferrets legalized in all
states with well-defined quarantine periods!!

Happy ferreting!

Susie
Member of Brevard Ferret Lovers Rescue
Melbourne, FL