From:
Travis Livieri <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Dec 2009 15:25:33 -0700
The calls streamed in yesterday from Washington, Florida,
Massachusetts, Arizona and many other states on Black (Footed Ferret)
Monday at Performance Foods/Totally Ferret. Isabella and I were on hand
to debut her specially packaged Dooker Delights, take calls and orders
and chat with the great folks of the ferret community. Izzy even got
to talk with her BFFH (Best Friend Forever that is a Human), Steve
from Ferret Depot http://www.ferretdepot.com who put in an over the
top order! We had BFF adoptions and plush toys on special also and
folks were snapping those up for Xmas gifts. And the total.(drumroll
please Izzy)..$1,800 RAISED FOR BLACK-FOOTED FERRET RECOVERY!

And MANY people called in to donate food for a shelter and ferrets on
the Giving Tree http://www.ferretgivingtree.com , it was truly amazing
to see the kindness and giving of the ferret community. Some people,
and I won't mention any names (Lisa O.) asked me to read passages from
the trashy romance novel "Shadow Bear". And a big thanks to Liz and
April at Performance Foods/Totally Ferret for their generosity and
putting this all together!

Thank you from the bottom of my heart. Whether it's black-footed, sable
or albino, we're all in this together.

Travis Livieri

Prairie Wildlife Research
P.O. Box 308