From:
Inge Nespolon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Jul 2012 08:36:35 -0400
I moved into my apartment last year. It is a one bedroom and I gave
the ferrets the bedroom [I sleep in the living room]. One thing I
like about that is that I can control the light.

My apartment has laminate flooring, the kind that just snaps together.
It is incredible. Nothing can hurt it. Would your landlord let you
remove the carpet and put that down or would it be possible to put it
over the carpet? Otherwise maybe the linoleum might work.

The ferrets spend the night and their sleeping hours in their room.
Otherwise they have free roam of the entire apartment. I am lucky to
be retired and can spend most of their awake hours with them. They
will generally go to bed in their room on their own.

In the room I have a bed against the wall and a chair along with a
couple of ottomans to help them climb up. They like to tunnel under
the blankets on the bed and sleep there sometimes. I have beds on the
bed and on the floor for the older ones. They really seem to enjoy all
the different places to sleep.

I do have a cage in the room but with the door off. Some of them like
to sleep in the hammocks and beds in there. The cage is also useful if
I have to confine a ferret for any health reason like checking their
poop etc.

I keep all the litter boxes on the floor along with their food and
water. That makes for much easier cleanup. I have toys, tubes and
boxes in the room, but they do most of their playing in the rest of
the apartment.

They will scratch at the door and possibly the floor at the doorway
when the door is closed. That is how mine wake me up in the morning, so
you may have to protect the bottom of the door depending on the finish.

How lucky you are to have a room for them. I would definitely let them
have free roam of the room.

Inge