From:
Danee DeVore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Aug 1996 22:58:40 -0400
Elizabeth Draus asked if ferrets pant, like dogs.  I don't think they do,
but all of mine do make panting type noises when they are excited or are
playing.  My son thinks that the noise is the ferret equivilant of laughter,
because they make the noise sometimes when they have not been playing hard.
In fact, I have seen them do this to initiate play with each other.  I make
a similar noise at them sometimes, and they always start war dancing in
reply.  I also dook to my ferrets, and they dook back to me.

I am no expert on this, so anyone feel free to correct me if I am wrong.  I
am merely reporting my experience.

Danee DeVore