From:
George Shepherd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Jan 2003 13:15:37 -0000
>From:    Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
>
>Most we've known over the last 20+ years who are used to kibble don't
>tend to recognize meat as a food.

I have heard of this and have no reason to disbelieve the statement.
However, it is obvious that there are exceptions to the rule.  Kibble
forms the basis of my own ferrets' diet but they do get raw chicken,
rabbit etc from time to time and they have never, ever refused meat.
They have eaten trout and pike despite never having seen them before.

None of my ferrets have ever hunted (i.e. used for rabbiting) but I have
noticed that any slugs, snails or worms that venture into the run are
quickly seized and eaten with great gusto!  I have no doubt that the
same fate would befall any mouse that allowed itself to be caught in
this situation.

George