From:
dan christen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Dec 2001 22:47:53 -0800
My best regards to everyone here on the FML

With a heavy heart i move into the New Year, as i still have not found
Epimetheus.  I just don't know what i would have done however, with out
the support and friendship and compassion that i have received through
all of you here.  I am still crushed, still crying, and still missing and
loving my little lost boy.  I lost a human son in 1972, @ 10 months old to
the day 2-26-72 to 12-26-72 Joshua David, i hope that he is watching over
my little lost one, Eppy.  I think of Joshua when i see the young men i
work with, and think to myself, my son would be that tall, today.  He
would be 30 years old, if i have done the math correctly?  WOW, 30???  I
am still thinking in the early 20's, *g* , how time flies when you are so
busy living.  My daughter will be 23 tomorrow, she is my last and a New
Year baby, to boot.

I sent a few cards out this year to some, but i want to share with you
this Prayer for the New Year, also.  It means a lot to me, it is something
that i have found within this group "oh, so very often, myself" through
many of you who have written me personally, those who have kept Eppy in
their prayers and mentioned him in their posts...it has helped me a lot,
through this most heartbreaking time of my life.  This is where i come
to when life starts to get me down, this is where i find the most
compassionate group of fun loving and caring people.  In honor of
Epimetheus/the FML/and all you wonderful people/ your fur children and
of course he who has made us.

A Prayer for the New Year

Give us the kindness to hear with compassion
to off support, loving comfort, and care.
Give us the courage to do what is needed,
the wisdom to choose
what is right and most fair.
Give us the vision to see what is possible.
Give us the faith that will help pave the way
for a present that's hopeful,
a future that's peaceful-
give us the heart to bring joy to each day.

I often think of the gentleman who lost all of his fur children to the bug
bomb, does he still read the FML?  I go to the christmas tree, with fuzzie
requests and wonder to myself "just how can i choose only one?" when there
are so many needy.  The shelter mommies and daddies that are so dedicated
to fuzzy love, i love the songs, and poems, stories, and cry @ the rainbow
bridge for all the mommies and daddies that have had to send their own fur
children there.  Thank goodness for Sandee, thank goodness for BIG, thank
goodness for all of you!

Respectfully
Donna, Eppys mommy
Missing Athena, Odysseus, Angel & Diana  (our angeled ferts)
Mommy to; Bandit, Zeus, Jalepeno, Crimson, Clover, Hera, Samson, Sadie,
Jasmine, Flute, Aphrael, Puma, Frack, Titan, Odin, Utah, Nevada Jane,
Harlan, Autumn, Theodore Edward Bear, Blossom, Freya, Frey, Fenris,
Fergie, Felicia, Binky, Prometheus, Lily, Poppy, Jupiter (AND I STILL
HAVE L B !!!) zsa zsa, eva, romulus, remus smokie, whew, had to stop and
think of them all.

WE WISH YOU ALL GOOD THINGS TO COME IN THIS NEW YEAR, may all of you be
blessed, for your efforts, compassion, love and good will.