Date:
Sat, 30 Oct 2004 08:33:40 -0700
OK, time to sign in......

SargentColburn (Alexandra) has it right...what she said is spot on.
Couldn't have said it more precisely myself!

What Gordon said is correct, just not as concise as Alexandra.

As for 'eating' domestic animals.  Cattle, Horses, sheep, goats, pigs,
dogs, cats, various birds, are all domestic animals.

We, here in North America, generally eat everything except dogs and cats.
(There are laws preventing us from doing so) But, in Southeast Asia,
cats and dogs are a mainstay food source.  Easy to raise, low cost,
these animals are an idea food source for the low income family there.
In India, is a no-no to kill or eat cattle.  Something about gods.....
Much of the world considers parrots and that family as pets, (Not a
domestic pet though) but in South America, various parrots are on the
menu every day in the forests of the Amazon.  I would like to think
humans are domesticated, but until the middle of last century, humans
were on the menu and were mounted ...er.....stuffed, in various islands
in the South Pacific and Indonesia.

I just read that somewhere, hamsters (or was it guinea pigs) were going
to be raised for food.  Again, low cost makes them a good food source for
low income people.

So..what is wrong in our minds, is NOT wrong elsewhere...and vice versa.

You don't like it, ignore it.  Or try and get the laws changed.  (Good
luck) but it is legal what the seller is doing and it is small of anyone
to try and take away that legal right buy intimidation, and that is what
many of you propose to do or do.

MC, The Rude One