From:
paula ann edgar <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Dec 1994 14:20:07 -0700
Happy Holidays to everyone on the FML!

Charlotte & Kitka are having a blast with the last row of branches on our
(fake) Christmas tree. It couldn't be more fun to watch. All the presents
are UP off the floor in our never ending quest to keep them from eating
paper. They are obsessed. I realize this is not a common ferret problem.
I wonder if they are somehow lacking something in their diet? They get
Science Diet kitten food, a cheerio of raisin daily. We have only
recently tried bananas but they go over beautifully. As far as Potatoes
are concerned, do y'all mean raw? I assume so, but they turn up their
noses. Just wondering.

The girls have new outfits. Charlotte has grown in a golden coat under
the black guard hairs. She looks gorgeous. Kitka had a scare with the
futon/subsequent vet visit (all is ok) and immediately became lighter in
color, her mask changed shape drastically, and she became SO much softer.
Anyone else's fuzzy go through a trauma induced coat change? Was it just
coincidence? Maybe we'll never know.

To DE in Brea CA: I laughed so hard!

I am very interested in the swedish ferret stamp.

To Jim: I would err on the side of caution regarding the Ferretone. Too
much vitamin A is bad for any animal. As far as biting, Kitka had real
problems initially (August). She has improved remarkably, but I still
won't let her crawl into my shirt. Maybe someday. Time and love work wonders.

Thanks to all you FMLers out there. You have been such help and I
continue to get good information from this list. Hope all lost ferrets
are found, all sick fuzzies well.

Happy Holidays!

Paula & Matt
Charlotte & Kitka