From:
Robert Fein <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Feb 1995 13:39:05 U
        Reply to:   RE>FERRET Digest - 30 Jan 1995 to 1 Feb 1995

Hello again,
    Since I've been reading about how proud everyone is of their carpet
sharks' latest antics, I thought I'd add mine.
    Bandit is a model of composure and decorum.  He likes to play and then
gallumph around and then flop on the floor with a "whew, that was fun.  Pet
me!" look.  He also is very tolerant of being handled and loves to give
ferret kisses everywhere as well as stops whatever he is doing with a "No!"
The only times he acts up is when he wants to steal my diet coke or chinese
food.  At which point I give let him taste it and it provokes a sneeze and a
look of horror that something that smells so good can be so awful.  The other
times are when he wants to get past my barricade and see the Very Important
and Interesting Stuff he knows is being kept from him.  BTW:  Thanks to those
who suggested scruffing with a no!, then scruffing no! and a thump on de
nose, then scruff No! Thump solitary.  It has worked well with him.
   Meanwhile, Rascal, is a holy terror.  He zooms around continuously, is
undisciplinable, and completely without fear.  Rascal has decided that he can
jump from the easy chair to get at anything.  Whether it is at the vertical
blinds -- followed by a clank as he sails through and hits the glass and a
thumb as he butt plants on the floor.  He shakes himself out and gives a
"that didn't hurt" look and re climbs the easy chair.  Or whether it is from
there to the baywindow.  Sometimes he misjudges and faceplants into the wall.
 Or at me.  Yesterday, he was standing there on the chair and was pacing
around on messing with the VCR.  He gave me a look that can only be described
as speculative.  Then with fore-limbs akimbo and mouth open he tackled my
upper thigh.  As I was wearing sweats this didn't hurt, especially as he
proceeded to slide down as he lost his grip.  He did this again later from
teh end table as well.

    Anyway, must get back to work
        --robert fein