From:
Samual Lloyd Kinsey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Sep 1995 17:46:50 -0400
Hello, everyone...  I've been out of the country for several months and so
have been away from the list, so please excuse me if this topic has been
covered recently.

I dropped by my home briefly a month ago to discover that one of my ferrets
had developed a cataract in one of his eyes.  I took him to a vet and she
said that it was fairly common in ferrets and that his other eye looked
fine.  However, now that I am back again, it looks like he has developed one
in his other eye.  It's hard for me to to say how much this affects his
quality of life -- he seems to be able to see a little, but not much, maybe
only light/dark.  It does seem to have slowed him down a little.

My question is, what can/should I do about this, and what sprts of things
caused it.  I am assuming that medical correction is probably impossible (?)
but wonder what I can do to make his life easier.  He is only a little more
than one year old and is a "breeder ferret" who I expect to live for quite a
few more years.

Any advice is apreciated.

Sam

Samuel Lloyd Kinsey                              [log in to unmask]