From:
Brenda Blair <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Jan 2000 18:14:06 -0800
Hello,
My name is Ric.  I have watched my ferrets in there time-out cage ,and just
recently noticed the ranking system used by our ferrets.  On the outside
where ferrets run wild, and free.  The newest member of the ferret
household gets attacked quite often.  I discovered that when placed into
the time out cage the the ranking system changes.  The first one to enter
becomes the head honcho.  I watched as the newest member of the ferrets was
doing time ,and another ferret joined the cage for his time out.  The first
one in the cage seems to be the boss.  None of our ferrets would mess with
the newest ferret while in the cage.  They would not even lay next to him
on the shelf.  As the ferrets get released the next one in line becomes the
boss.  On the out side it is totally different world.

I found this to be very interesting.
Ric