From:
Shaun Burton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Jun 1998 00:14:09 +0100
There are one or two of us ferret lovers in the UK ...

I must admit - although I read the FML, I don't often get the time to reply
to as many articles as I might.

There are numerous organisations around the country devoted to ferrets,
ferret welfare, pet ferrets, working ferrets - you will often find many of
them appearing at local country sports shows and suchlike.

My fiancee, myself and our 29 furry terrors belong to the Cambridgeshire
Ferret Welfare & Rescue Society - a bit far north of yourself though I
fear ... but there are similar organisations throughout the UK.  Quite often
your local RSPCA or animal shelter will have details.  Also check out Ferret
Central (http://www.ferretcentral.org) - they have a link to the STAR*Ferret
database - which lists shelters, clubs and breeders ... The majority of
entries are for the USA, but there are some from other countries, including
the UK.  Of course, there is the National Ferret Welfare Site - you can
contact them via Shiela Crompton who (I think) posts to the list ... I think
their URL is http://www.btinternet.com/~shiela/ferrets.htm ???  There is
certainly a link to their site from our own site which can be found at
http://www3.mistral.co.uk/sburton/cfwrs/ ...

Shaun Burton
Webmaster & Newsletter Editor
Cambridgeshire Ferret Welfare & Rescue Society