From:
Russell Prater <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Dec 2001 11:39:15 -0600
>From:    Mike <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: i got wood pellets
>
>I got woodpellets for my ferrets, finally!!!  thank you robin and others
>for helping me finding the place to get pellets.  Anyways I just want
>to hear about everyone's experiences with woodpellets and if there is
>anything i should be aware please let me know...thank you.
>
>Mike

Hi Mike,

I've used the wood pellets for about 3 yrs.  There isn't a heck of a lot
to know about them.  I got a sifter scoop for the scoopable litter, one
of the deep ones, not the shallow one.  When I clean litter boxes, I pull
the unused pellets to the front of the pan, then I scoop the mounds of
wet pellets and the poop out and trash that.  Then I scoop the remaining
pellets and shake the scoop so the sawdust falls out over the back of the
pan.  I put those pellets in the front of the pan, too and scoop the
sawdust into the trash.  THen I spread the pellets and add some new ones
to make up for the ones that were used up and thrown away.  Doing it that
way, I save about half the pellets each time and only have to replace
half.  As cheap as they are, it really isn't necessary to do all that,
but I just can't see throwing clean pellets away.  I'm sure you will like
them.

--
Russ, Booger, Bonnie & Clyde

URA Redneck if you've committed a crime with a lawn mower.