From:
JudithMoon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Jun 1999 05:31:02 -0700
First, I want to state openly, that I am a ferret breeder.  I am also a
lover of ferrets!  I try to be as responsible as possible.  If you doubt
it check out our contract, terms, etc at our web site:
http://moonsongferrets.virtualave.net/

However, I have to say a couple of things about ferret prices.  First the
cost of all the supplies to keep my fuzzies happy keeps going up.  Food,
treats, toys, litter, water bottles, feed bowls, cleaning supplies, cages,
etc.  all keep going up.  I flat refuse to cut the quality of care and
supplies for my breeding stock.  They work hard and they deserve the best.
I am not rich either!  So one follows the other,...supplies go up and the
prices of the kits goes up.  I also recommend that people get at least one
of their ferrets from a shelter, because I know that there are areas with a
lot of ferrets in shelters.  Also, if someone wants to raise their prices
for certain colors, etc.  ......well that is their decision.  I personally
don't use price to keep the undesirable people from buying my kits......I
require a personal interview (on the phone if they live a distance away)
and I ask some pretty haunting questions.  I won't say this is 100%, but it
helps an awful lot.  I have still been fooled, but ..... My babies go for
$100 to $200 each and that depends on the quality of the ferret, nothing
else.  I want people to be able to afford my lovebugs, but I have to cover
costs.

Thanks for letting me have my say.
Judy
Moonsong Exotics bred to be the perfect companion.