From:
sukie crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Mar 2004 14:32:52 -0500
>Now, I'm not only allergic to the ferrets, I'm heavily asthmatic.
>Living with the ferrets is a real pain, since meds wear off during the
>day.  I can't bear myself to give them up or put them down, we're
>together through thick and thin.

In case push-comes-to-shove begin reviewing some of the many excellent
homes and excellent ferret shelters out there which they could go to.
I've even heard of cases where people gave a large donation in
conjunction with the animals to well respected shelter parents on the
condition that they remain in the one location for their life times.
Destroying animals who are not in the final stages of a terminal illness
for no reason other than to not have them live elsewhere simply isn't
fair.

This is like preparing for one's own death; it simply makes sense for
wills to include provisions for companion animals: selected homes and
when possible also money to accompany them for future vet care.

Their lives are not to easily given up.

(I hope that you merely included that because there are always some
people who think that way, and that it horrifies you as well to ever
consider as a "option", and I realize that this may, in fact, be the
case.)

     ---

Re: Mary: Look in Maryland in
http://www.smartgroups.com/vault/ferrethealth/ReferenceShelf/