From:
"Jeffery A. Haremski" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Feb 1995 14:09:22 -0500
Howdy all (and especially Dr. Bruce Williams),

   I have a slight problem with one of my two (female) ferrets.  First, some
history.  Back in the late Summer, my ferret Khala started losing her hair,
and then her vulva enlarged.  I took her to my vet, who eventually removed
her (left I believe) adrenal gland.  She immediately starting growing her
hair back, and her vulva returned to normal...  This surgery took place back
in September.  She eventually grew back all of her hair, except for on her
tail...

   On Monday, I noticed that her vulva is starting to swell up again (but no
hair loss).  So I'm worried that her other adrenal gland may have a problem,
or that she may have an infection, etc.  Does anyone know why her vulva would
enlarge?  Can a ferret live without any adrenal glands?  Any help/advice
would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Jeffery A. Haremski