From:
Debbie Riccio <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Sep 1995 20:05:55 -0500
To Stan Siatkowski:

Sorry this is late, but I'm behind on FMLs.  You probably won't be able to
use this, so this is more an informational thing.

The number of pets seems to vary from town/village/city in Monroe County.
The village of East Rochester allows a total of 2 pets, as does the town
of Brighton - doesn't matter what they are - two is the limit.  In the
city of Rochester, you can have as many pets as you want - as long as 1)
you take proper care of them, and 2) your neighbors have no complaints
about them.  Dogs must be licensed, cats must have rabies vaccinations,
and a NYS permit is required prior to owning a ferret.

Recently in the city of Rochester, a house was investigated by animal
cruelty officers and the animals were removed - this involved dogs, cats,
birds, and 1 ferret.  Our Shelter was called to take the ferret, but then
an employee of the HS decided to adopt him.

I have 17 ferrets, 2 dogs and 3 cats.  My ferrets are divided up into 6
cages and their litter pans are changed dailey.  On a very ambicious day,
they may get cleaned twice.  Bedding is changed weekly, and when Duss-T,
my hob is in season, he gets a weekly bath and his bedding is changed
twice a week.  All my animals are current on their vaccines and we have
no fleas.  I think I can safely say we'd pass a surprise visit from
animal control.  Hope this helps.

Debbie Riccio
WNYFLFA
Rochester, NY