From:
Sharon Haliniewski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 May 2003 10:54:26 EDT
Hi to all from a long time "lurker,"

so sorry for all who have ill fuzzies, and those who have had to send one
to the Rainbow Bridge.  That is such a hard decision to make.  Kathy, it
must have been horrible to deal with losing two at once......

The post about the ferret with the eye injury prompted me to recommend
a Veterinary Opthamologist:  Michael Ringle at the Red Bank Veterinary
Hospital.  He treats my 13yo black lab, and also treated one of my
ferrets who developed a corneal abrasion somehow.  He seemed quite
knowledgeable about ferrets and is kind, gentle and compassionate.

A question: I have read much about using woodstove pellets as litter.
Does anyone have a suggestion as to where I might find them in NJ at this
time of year?  I would guess they are easier to find in the winter.  I
use Yesterday's News at present and my weasels dig in it like crazy and
it makes a mess on the carpet.  (So do the ferrets, for that matter!)

Thanks,
Sharon