From:
Christine Hamilton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Jul 1996 18:29:55 -0400
As I understand it, ferret poop is not lethal to babies, but can be lethal
for a *fetus*.  Just as with cat feces, pregnant women should not come in
contact with ferret litter boxes, to prevent toxoplasmosis.

As for other ferret-baby problems, I'm no expert, but I also plan to have
children while I also have ferrets, and my conclusion is that I'll keep the
kids and ferrets separated until the kids are old enough to prevent either
species from getting hurt during play.  (No, honey, you can't pick the
ferret up by the tail.)