From:
kat parsons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Apr 2000 17:42:40 -0700
hey all...:)

well...when i got up this morning...(Wed.)...@ 7 a.m....i found LWG inside
a pile of blankets...she was cold to the touch...she was still alive...
still breathing...although her breathing was funny...

first i re-heated the rice-sock...put it in her sweatshirt and put her on
the sweatshirt...and wrapped it around her...

then fixed her food...chicken baby food with nutri-cal, ferretone, and a
bit of heavy whipping cream...she ate it with no problem...3 cc's...then
gave her 3 cc's of pedialyte...

she was still shaking and jerking although her body was warm to the touch
now...her eyes were funny...they were dilated...like you could see right
in if the light hit them...so i thought 'shock'...gave her some warm water
with a bit of sugar and a touch of nutri-cal mixed in it...i thought that
might pick her up...it did not...

i just laid on the couch with her for 2 1/2 hrs till tommy got up...still
no change...

she was too weak to even stand...

so i called the vet...he said i was doing everything that could be done...
but that i could bring her in and he would see...

so we drove the hour to get her to the vet...

she could not even maintain her body heat without the heated rice sock...i
even had her wrapped in the sweatshirt and on my lap... i knew it would be
the last we would see of her...in my heart i knew she would never come home
with us... IF she even made it to the vet...

well...she did...he stayed open late for us...he closes at noon on
Wednesdays...

he came out after the receptionist took LWG back to him...he said he gave
her a steroid shot...that maybe since her left adrenal, which he had
removed, had been so big, and producing so much hormones, that the other
one had quit working and didn't know to start working again...so she was
getting none...

he said he should be able to tell by tonight if it helped and if that was
the problem... she will at least be spending tonight with him...we will see
when she gets to come home again...

at least that gives me some hope...whereas this morning i had none...

kat

=====
kat ( a.k.a. ...FuzzieMom ) and the krew...
Rascal, Sassy, Wolfie, Monkey(Shine), Meeja, Narmy, LittleWhiteGirl,
PopPye, Slyk, Charlie, Mandi, Hope & Old Guy...and now...meet Edison!
Remembering Marcel...at the Bridge!
THE FERRETS' PAGE..."http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/2396"
Help Ferrets Unlimited Ferret Shelter...Use I-Give...