From:
Margaret Eakin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Aug 1995 16:49:00 MDT
  I wrote once before about my Kizzy Lea and as far as I know, nobody else
has a foot Sucking ferret.  I always thought it was strange, but cute, the
way she will suck her hind foot when tired and then fall asleep with it in
her mouth.  This behavior keeps me wondering why.  My daughter Nicole has a
male ferret named Utah and he never sucked his hind foot, although he only
has one to begin with. It would be interesting to know if anyone out there
has a ferret that displays this unusual behavior or any other oddity.  The
best I can figure is that my little Kizzy Lea was taken from her blind
mother because she was eating all of her kits. She was then given to an
adoptive mother who also had kits and she seemed to do fine with her.  I was
given my Kizzy Lea when she was 4 weeks old and bottle feed her then mushed
her out until she would eat the dry food.  I wonder if she could feel
insecure and that is why she sucks her foot.

Anyway's I got my Kizzy Lea Spayed and descented a week ago and I was amazed
at how quickly she recovered.  I took pictures of the surgery and when I
went to get them developed the processor exposed my film and I didn't get my
pictures.  Bummed me out, I have been keeping a picture scrapbook of my
Kizzy Lea and really wanted them in there.  I found that keeping a scrapbook
like that really keeps me smiling and she loves the camera anyhow.  She will
strike a pose on command now. I truely believe as many of us do that my
Kizzy Lea is a one of a kind.

Kizzy Lea has a new friend that she can play with.  Lexus is a beautiful
kitten, cream and dark brown.  Kizzy Lea gets one over on her now but just
wait till the kitten grows into a cat.  Watch out Kizzy Lea.  She really is
a Kizzy Bang.

Maggie May and Kizzy Lea